Using work experience under study permit for FSW eligibility

Ioviazx

Phone
Hi Everyone,

I am facing a very tricky situation regarding my pathways to EE and I am hearing different advice from various sources (online, lawyers, etc.)

My fundamental question is this: Can one use the work experience gained while studying full-time in Canada in the Occupation code 4012 (post-graduate teaching and research assistants) for fulfilling the FSW eligibility program?

I realize that this will not give you any CRS points for FSW and is not useful for CEC eligibility either, but is there anyone out there who used this work experience for getting their PR?
I am considering declaring it as my main occupation and I need to mention that the work was continuous and paid (not scholarship).

The second question I have is if I am eligible for FSW using this work experience, would I be able to use any future or prior work experience gained in Canada after I am done with school that could be coming from different NOC codes? Basically, can one combine extra work experiences from different discontinuous jobs within the past 10 years (different NOC codes) once eligibility has been established by the main occupation (assuming it will be established even though it was while studying full-time!)?

I am a full-time student and already have a PGWP valid for 17 months (from a previous degree and was actually granted an extension because of the recently announced covid extension). I have around 4 months of prior Canadian work experience so I was hoping maybe I can get past the 1-year full-time non-student work experience mark to get some CRS points by working for about 8 months. I will need to end my studies (exit my program) and just rely on my valid work permit (would that be a problem?)

Hi Everyone,

I am facing a very tricky situation regarding my pathways to EE and I am hearing different advice from various sources (online, lawyers, etc.)

My fundamental question is this: Can one use the work experience gained while studying full-time in Canada in the Occupation code 4012 (post-graduate teaching and research assistants) for fulfilling the FSW eligibility program?

I realize that this will not give you any CRS points for FSW and is not useful for CEC eligibility either, but is there anyone out there who used this work experience for getting their PR?
I am considering declaring it as my main occupation and I need to mention that the work was continuous and paid (not scholarship).

The second question I have is if I am eligible for FSW using this work experience, would I be able to use any future or prior work experience gained in Canada after I am done with school that could be coming from different NOC codes? Basically, can one combine extra work experiences from different discontinuous jobs within the past 10 years (different NOC codes) once eligibility has been established by the main occupation (assuming it will be established even though it was while studying full-time!)?

I am a full-time student and already have a PGWP valid for 17 months (from a previous degree and was actually granted an extension because of the recently announced covid extension). I have around 4 months of prior Canadian work experience so I was hoping maybe I can get past the 1-year full-time non-student work experience mark to get some CRS points by working for about 8 months. I will need to end my studies (exit my program) and just rely on my valid work permit (would that be a problem?)
Yes, You can use job experience from different NOC. While filling out the online form they asked a question: "In the last five years, do you have at least two years of experience in one of the following qualified trades occupations (five-digit codes) that include occupational code 62200 and occupational codes beginning with 72, 73, 82, 83, 92, 93 and 6320 (except occupations beginning with 726 or 932). "