visa help for a couple


New Member
Hi, my boyfriend and I are 30something British Citizens with lots of work experience, are wanting to work and live in Calgary.
We have saved enough for flights, accommodation and living costs for the first few months. We haven't as yet though sorted work or visa... what do you advise? Should we come across for a holiday and check things out, and hopefully find someone who is willing to sponsor us?
Any help and advice is appreciated

Riley Haas

Staff member
So, unfortunately it sounds like you are too old for the International Experience Canada Working Holiday program
So if you still want to come here to work temporarilly, you are going to have to get a job offer from a Canadian employer (most likely) and then your future employer will have to get something called a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA), which is basically permission from the government for the employer to hire foreigners.
What do you both do for a living?