Waiting time on Spousal Sponsorship during Covid 19

Adrich09

Hi everyone,

So my husband and I started our application process for spousal sponsorship on february 2020. On April 15, 2020, we got our application package back since one of the forms was incorrect. We did all the corrections and send the paperwork back on April 29, 2020. Since then, we haven't gotten any answers. We thought that because the first time we got a prompt response we were going to get a quick response the second time, but 4 months later we haven't gotten any answers at all.

My question is for people going through the same process. Does anybody know the waiting times during all this Covid 19 Pandemic? our lawyer expressed waiting time are longer than usual but she couldn't give specific waiting times. In normal time they say usually can take from 6-12 months.

Please Help!

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
I've seen people estimating "double" but I don't know how accurate that is. It might even be optimistic. Paper applications in particular are way behind because many offices are working from home and files are physically located in the offices, requiring special limited access to get them.