Why does OINP limit NOC with CRS between such small points range?

GreenLeader

Hi

Recently Ontario has twice provided provincial nominations for 10 NOCs, but within a very limited points range. The first was between 466 and 467 points, while the second was between 463 and 476. Does anyone know or understand why they cut off at 467? I have 468 points and fit one of the NOC classifications for both nominations, so to not allow those with a higher number of points seems illogical.

I understand this is simply the way it is, but I'm wondering if anyone knows the reason for such them selecting such a tight points range? Might it mean they are expecting future federal draws to be offered at points of 468 as a cut off?

Thanks

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
That's a fantastic question and I'm sorry to say I don't know the answer. Let me run it by our consultants and see what they say.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Alright, I have an answer for you. Our consultants believe there was nobody in the pool (who qualified) with points above 467 or 476 at the times of the draws. So that means two possibilities:
  • Your NOC didn't actually fit the the NOCs being considered (which may not be likely given what you said)
  • Your language score or other criterion doesn't meet either a public or internal standard for the OINP.
Make sense?

GreenLeader

Thanks Riley for your response and effort - much appreciated!

However, just to reiterate that my NOC (0124) was definitely one of the NOCs in both of the two OINP draws, and my IELTS language score was CLB9, so I'm pretty certain that it at least met or exceeded the (English) language requirement.

But anyway, not much one can do. Thanks again for your input.

All the best

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
You can try contacting the OINP and asking. I have no idea if that will get you anywhere because I've never called them, but it could be worth a try.