Efe Baz

New Member
I recently joined this forum and I'm thankful for this website and forum. I hope i explain the situation I and my spouse are currently experiencing clearly.

I just recently understood that there is ban for five years if you have been previously sponsored by a sponsor via common law. I currently fit into this policy as i cannot apply for my wife to stay in canada so we are looking for alternatives to have her stay in canada. She currently does have a post graduate work permit that expires in december of 2015. The issue is she went home for almost a duration of 10 months to attend to family matters while she had this post graduate work permit. My question is could she extend her work permit to get the 10 months that she wasn't able to use and prove to immigration with valid documents to confirm she was out of the country?

I hope i made some sense here and would like someone who has prior experience or knowledge in this be of help.

Much appreciated

Riley Haas

Staff member
This is a pretty complicated situation and is not something I know the answer to. All I can recommend is that you contact a lawyer or consultant. We offer 20-30 minute consultations with one of our Registered Immigration Consultants (RICs) for CAD$84.75. If you are interested, you can call us at 1-866-760-2623 or email us at [email protected] (or send me a PM).

Sorry I can't be more helpful, but this is a relatively unique situation.