Please note that on January 1, 2015 the way that Canada accepts permanent residents has changed. The new system, called Express Entry, represents a change in method rather than in requirements. This page will be updated shortly. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please contact us at 416-962-2623 or email@example.com.
The Newfoundland and Labrador Business category for the Provincial Nominee Program of Immigration lets the province choose and nominate qualified business persons from all over the globe who are able and willing to move to Newfoundland and Labrador and establish, purchase, or invest in a business.
This page is in the process of being updated. In the meantime, why not contact us for a consultation?
|Immigrant Entrepreneur/Businessperson requirements|
Newfoundland and Labrador Immigrant entrepreneurs and businesspersons must meet the following criteria in order to qualify for this category:
- Submit an eligible business proposal. Only proposed businesses that fall under one of the sectors the “Strategic Sector List” will be eligible to qualify for this program.
- Have at least five years of senior management or direct entrepreneurial experience in a business similar to the one proposed
- Have a minimum personal net worth of CDN $450,000 including a minimum of CDN $350,000 of liquid assets
- Have a minimum amount of equity investment in the province of CDN $200,000 to establish a new business or purchase and existing one
- Demonstrate relevant business experience
- Visit Newfoundland and Labrador to explore business opportunities
- Provide evidence of investment into business (starting cash flow, purchase of equipment, real estate, leases, covering of start-up costs).
- Submit a business proposal outlining the venture and how it will be run
All prospective applicants must submit the required Pre-Assessment documents before submitting a Provincial Nominee Program Application to Newfoundland and Labrador. This Pre-Assessment application should contain the proposed business plan. It is required so that the Immigration officer can verify that the plan qualifies under the Provincial Nominee Program. Once approval is received, the person can submit the Provincial Nominee Application.
All applicants will have to sign a Performance Agreement with the Government of Newfoundland. This agreement is done before the formal application.
The following are the application forms for the Newfoundland and Labrador Immigrant Entrepreneur category of provincial nomination:
calculate points for skilled worker class immigrationn
This form must be submitted first before filing the application for PNP
This is an agreement for the terms and conditions of this category of provincial nomination
|Supplementary Information Form:
General information about principal applicants and dependents
|Information Release Form:
This form gives the department authority to share information with the federal government
|Business Net Worth Form:
A statement of business assets
check that the application is complete using this list
|Permanent Residence Application:|
|Principal application form for Permanent Residence.||6-24* Months|
Must be completed by each person over the age of 18 who is included in the application
|Aditional Family Information:
This form asks that the main applicant provide information about his/her family
|Schedule 4 [economic class]:
Provincial nominees must complete this form along with all other required forms for permanent residency
In order to be issued a visa, all candidates must meet criminal and medical admissibility requirements. Applicants considered inadmissible to Canada may be denied a visa.
*This is a general estimation. Processing times vary among visa offices.
Requirements for residency applications may vary depending on the country of your citizenship. Please contact us for a list of countries.
|Immigroup representation||CDN $6000 + tax|
|PNP application fee for Newfoundland and Labrador||CDN $1000|
|Permanent residence application fee||CDN $550*|
|Right of permanent residence fee||CDN $490*|
* Government fees are based on only one person in the application. Fees will vary depending on number of persons included in application. Applicants may be required to pay additional fees for medical exams, police certificates, language assessments, courier fees or adding dependents to the application.
We guarantee that your application will be accurate and complete, and in accordance with Canadian immigration law. Book a consultation appointment to get started. At your consultation appointment, we will ask you additional qualifying questions, and answer any questions you may have. We charge a fee of CDN $150 + HST for this consultation. This fee will be deducted from our total fees if you retain our services. For more information, please call Immigroup (416)962-2623
Average time to complete application by Immigroup: 2-4 weeks.