|Skilled Worker Application Requirements|
In order to be eligible for the Newfoundland and Labrador Skilled Worker Provincial Nominee Program you must meet the following criteria. You
- Have a full-time job offer with no fixed length from an employer in Newfoundland and Labrador OR
- Have a a job or job offer that has a salary and benefits package which meets NewfoundLand and Labrado's employment standards and is consistent with prevailing wage rates in the province; AND
- Have a Work Permit issued by IRCC with at least 6 months validity left on the permit OR
- Are entitled to apply for a Work Permit (i.e. you have a job offer and positive LMIA); AND
- Have the qualifications, training, skills, and any accreditation required for the job you currently possess or have been offered;
- Have the intention and ability to settle permanently in Newfoundland and Labrador and you can demonstrate this in your application;
- Have a job or job offer that which is not in violation of any existing bargaining unit agreements and is not part of any employment disputes;
- Can demonstrate that you have the required settlement funds and financial resources to successfully establish yourself and any dependents in Newfoundland and Labrador;
- Have proof from your employer that they need to hire you or to continue to employer; AND
- Can demonstrate English or French language capability good enough to perform the employment duties of your current job or listed in your job offer. Your English language ability must be verified by one of the following:
- An Affidavit of English Language Ability from a Newfoundland and Labrador employer who has offered you a full-time job OR
- Education and/or training documents.
- Please note: Those with jobs or job offers classified in NOC Code C or D will have to meet the language requirements.
You are not eligible for the Newfoundland PNP Skilled Worker Stream if
- You are inadmissible to Canada
- You are a failed refugee claimant
- You have unresolved custody or support issues
- You quit or lose your job during the application process.
Before submitting an application, applicants should make sure that they meet all requirements. The following are the forms required for the Newfoundland and Labrador Skilled Worker Program:
You must complete the following forms
- Skilled Worker Application Guide
- Provincial Form - Application
- Provincial Form - Employment Offer
- Provincial Form - Declaration of Personal Net Worth
- Provincial Form - Document Checklist
- Provincial Form - Use of a Representative (if applicable)
- Federal Form - Application for Permanent Residence: Guide for Provincial Nominees [IMM EP7000]
- Federal Form - Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008]
- Federal Form - Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP]
- Federal Form - Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669]
- Federal Form - Additional Family Information [IMM 5406]
- Federal Form - Schedule 4: Economic Classes: Provincial Nominees [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 4]
- Federal Form - Supplementary Information - Your travels [IMM 5562]
- Federal Form - Separation Declaration for Minors Travelling to Canada [IMM 5604]
- Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union [IMM 5409] (if applicable)
- Federal Form - Document Checklist [IMM 5690]
- Federal Form - Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (if applicable)
- Federal Form - Fee Payment Form for Permanent Residency [IMM 5620]
You must submit your application to
Office of Immigration and Multiculturalism
Advanced Education and Skills
Confederation Building, West Block
P.O. Box 8700, St. John's, NL A1B 4J6
|Immigroup representation||CDN $3500 + 5% GST|
|PNP application fee for Newfoundland and Labrador||CDN $1000|
|Permanent residence application fee||CDN $550*|
|Right of permanent residence fee||CDN $490*|
*Government fees are based on only one person in the application. Fees will vary depending on number of persons included in application. You may be required to pay additional fees for medical exams, police certificates, language assessments, courier fees or adding dependents to your application.
We guarantee that your Newfoundland and Labrador skilled worker application will be accurate and complete and in accordance with Canadian immigration law. If you are unsure about whether you will qualify for the skilled worker program you can book a consultation appointment to get started.
At your consultation appointment, we will ask you additional qualifying questions, and answer any questions you may have. We charge a fee of CDN $150 for this consultation. This fee will be deducted from our total fees if you retain our services.
The average time to complete a skilled worker visa application by Immigroup is 2-4 weeks.
Do you have questions? Please fill in the form.