Phuoc Loc Tho by DNH / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY-SA 3.0
- Saigon USA: showcases the journey of the numerous refugees from Vietnam to various locations in the US, including Orange County, CA. The film also depicts the establishment of the enclave of Little Saigon and life in that community.
- Bittersweet Roots: Within California are the migrant Chinese who settled there a long time ago. This documentary focuses on their socioeconomic mobility through the years and how they currently live in the state.
- The Neo-African Americans: This documentary contains various interviews with African Americans plus other case studies to try to ascertain the assimilation and ethnic identity of the African and Black American communities in the US. It focuses on their identities and how assimilation trends have been able to have an impact on their current populations within their communities.
- Latinos ’08: This PBS documentary focuses on the ever-changing nature of the Latino community in the United States, particularly how this community is viewed and views the 2008 US presidential election.
- A Village called Versailles: The Versailles neighbourhood in New Orleans is home to one of the highest concentrations of Vietnamese Americans in the US. See how they come together to rebuild after Hurricane Katrina.
- California and the American Dream: "The new Los Angeles": This episode of the TV show focuses on how LA evolved from a traditional, white American city to the multi-cultural metropolis it is today.
- New York: A Documentary Film: As the name suggests, this mini-series encompasses the story of New York City and its various ethnic communities.
- Time Machine: "Chinatown: Strangers in a Strange Land": This episode of the History program Time Machine focuses on the universal Chinatown neighbourhoods in cities around the world, why they exist and what they are like.
- Little Manila: Filipinos in California Heartland: This documentary is centered on the historical and contemporary social patterns of the Filipinos as immigrants within California.
- A Class Apart: This PBS documentary focuses on the landmark legal case that helped end race-based segregation of Mexican Americans in Texas in the 1950s.
Do you have questions? Please fill in the form.
Immigroup.com/news is independently run and does not seek editorial input from IMMIgroup Inc. The views of the authors of content on immigroup.com/news do not reflect the views of the consultants employed by IMMIgroup Inc.
"All images on immigroup.com are CC licensed, public domain or the work of IMMIgroup employees. If you see your image on immigroup.com and it has not been CC licensed, please contact us immediately at email@example.com so we can take it down."