Please note that on January 1, 2015 the way that Canada accepts permanent residents has changed. The new system, called Express Entry, represents a change in method rather than in requirements. This page will be updated shortly. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please contact us at 416-962-2623 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nova Scotia International Student category of provincial nomination is designed to help employers hire recent international graduates whose skills may be in limited supply. This category helps international graduates apply for permanent residency to live and work in the province.
If you are unsure whether you qualify for immigration to Canada under this category of the provincial nominee program, you can book a consultation with one of our qualified immigration consultants.
|International Student Application Priority|
|Nova Scotia International Student Program Fees|
In order to qualify for this category of nomination, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have a permanent, full-time job offer from an employer in the province in the field of their study and have been working for at least three months in this position
- Have graduated within two years (of submitting the application) from a program of at least one academic year of full-time study in the province and have received a certificate, diploma, or degree from a recognized post-secondary institution
- The job offer* must be for a position that requires relatively high education and skill levels
- Have legal status in Canada on a temporary work permit
- Have a salary that meets provincial employment standards
- Meet the qualifications needed for the job
- Have the intent to settle permanently in the province
- Meet the minimum criteria for age, education, work experience, and language ability requirements for the federal skilled worker stream of immigration
*Position must be approved by the provincial government as valid for nomination.
The average time for Immigroup to complete a student visa application is 2-4 weeks. If you are unsure as to whether you will qualify under the Student visa category of immigration, you can book a consultation appointment to get started. At your consultation appointment, we will ask you additional qualifying questions, and answer any questions you may have. We charge a fee of CDN $150 + HST for this consultation. This fee will be deducted from our total fees if you retain our services.
The fees for an application for the International Student program are as follows:
|Immigroup representation||CDN $3000 + tax|
|There is no PNP application fee in Nova Scotia|
|Permanent residence application fee||CDN $550 *|
|Right of permanent residence fee||CDN $490 *|
* Government fees are based on only one person in the application. Fees will vary depending on number of persons included in application. Applicants may be required to pay additional fees for medical exams, police certificates, language assessments, courier fees or adding dependents to your application.
The following are the application forms for the International Student category of provincial nomination:
|Nominee Program Application Form:
application form for the nominee program
|3 months Approx.|
|International Graduate Employer Form:
to be completed by the employer
|Use of a Representative Form:
use only if hiring a representative
|Authority to Release Personal Information:
authorization to release personal information to a designated individual
|Permanent Residence Application:|
|Application For Permanent Residence:
Principal application form for Permanent Residence.
Must be completed by each person over the age of 18 who is included in the application
|Aditional Family Information:
This form asks that the main applicant provide information about his/her family.
|Schedule 4 [economic class]:
Provincial nominees must complete this form along with all other required forms for permanent residency
In order to be issued a visa, all candidates must meet criminal and medical admissibility requirements. Applicants considered inadmissible to Canada may be denied a visa.