Please note that on January 1, 2015 the way that Canada accepts permanent residents has changed. The new system, called Express Entry, represents a change in method rather than in requirements. This page will be updated shortly. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please contact us at 416-962-2623 or [email protected].
Agriculture – Farm Owners
The Saskatchewan Agriculture category is for individuals who have experience in farming and the capital needed to invest in a farming operation in Saskatchewan. This page is currently being updated.
To qualify for the Saskatchewan Agriculture category, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have a net worth of $500,000;
- Sign a Performance Agreement committing to purchasing a farm operation in Saskatchewan and make a "good faith" deposit of $75,000 in trust. The cash deposit will be returned to when the terms of the Performance Agreement are met;
- Conduct a mandatory visit to Saskatchewan that includes an interview with an Immigration representative;
- Have farm operation knowledge and experience.
The following are the application forms for the Saskatchewan Agriculture category of the provincial nomination program:
|Farmer Owner/Operator Application:
Main application form for this category of immigration
Declaration of net worth
|Family or Accompanying Farm Employee Application:
Form for dependents or employees accompanying the principal applicant
If using a translator, he/she must declare that all translations are true
|Permanent Residence Application:||6-24 months*|
|Application For Permanent Residence:
Principal application form for Permanent Residence.
Must be completed by each person over the age of 18 who is included in the application
|Aditional Family Information:
This form asks that the main applicant provide information about his/her family.
|Schedule 4 [economic class]:
Provincial nominees must complete this form along with all other required forms for permanent residency
In order to be issued a visa, all candidates must meet criminal and medical admissibility requirements.
* This is a general estimation. Processing times vary among visa offices.