Please note that on January 1, 2015 the way that Canada accepts permanent residents has changed. The new system, called Express Entry, represents a change in method rather than in requirements. This page will be updated shortly. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please contact us at 416-962-2623 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saskatchewan Health Professionals Provincial Nominee Program is for those people who are already working in the province as a physician, nurse or other health professional on a temporary work permit. They must have been working there for at least six months in order to apply. This page is currently being updated.
This category of provincial nomination is divided into three sub-categories:
- Other health professions
If you are unsure whether you qualify for immigration to Canada under the Saskatchewan Health Professionals category of the provincial nominee program, you can book a consultation with one of our qualified immigration consultants
|Health Professionals Application Priority|
|Saskatchewan Health Professionals Program Fees|
Eligibility requirements for this category of provincial nomination are as follows:
Physicians whose educational certifications allow them to work in the province may apply under this stream of the provincial nominee program. The following are the criteria needed to apply for this immigration category:
- Have been working as a physician for at least six months under a valid work permit
- Have a permanent employment offer from a provincial health authority or the health education institution of current employment
- Intend to practice medicine permanently in a medical office (this could be in the form of a business plan or contract)
Under this category, the provincial government can nominate Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN), Psychiatric Nurses or Registered Nurses (RN) if their educational certifications allow them to be employable in the province. The following are the criteria in order to be considered for the Saskatchewan Health Professions category of the Immigrant Nominee Program:
- Have been working as a nurse in the province for six months under a valid work permit
- Have an offer of permanent, full-time employment issued by the provincial Regional Health Authority, the provincial Cancer Agency, or other publicly funded health employer.
Other Health Professions
Under this stream of the Saskatchewan Health Professions category, the provincial government can nominate health professionals working in health occupations that are supported by the appropriate licensing body, Saskatchewan Health, the appropriate regional health authority, or any other employer and meet one of the following criteria:
- The profession is in the National Occupational Classification Matrix level "A", "B" or "0";
- The profession requires at least one academic year of post-secondary education
- The profession requires one year of job specific training
In order to qualify for this category of provincial nomination, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have worked in an approved health profession for at least six months under a valid work permit
- Have an employment offer that is permanent and is issued by a Regional Health Authority, the Saskatchewan Cancer Agency, or other publicly funded health employer
We guarantee that your application will be accurate and complete, and in accordance with Canadian immigration law. The average time for Immigroup to complete a Health Professionals application under the provincial nominee program is 2-4 weeks. If you are unsure as to whether you will qualify under this category of immigration, you can book a consultation appointment to get started. At your consultation appointment, we will ask you additional qualifying questions, and answer any questions you may have. We charge a fee of CDN$150 + HST for this consultation. This fee will be deducted from our total fees if you retain our services.
The fees for an application for this immigration program are as follows:
|Immigroup representation||CDN $3000 + tax|
|There is no PNP application fee for Saskatchewan|
|Permanent residence application fee||CDN $550 *|
|Right of permanent residence fee||CDN $490 *|
* Government fees are based on only one person in the application. Fees will vary depending on number of persons included in application. Applicants may be required to pay additional fees for medical exams, police certificates, language assessments, courier fees or adding dependents to the application.
The following are the application forms for this category of provincial nomination:
|Health Professions Category Checklist:
use this category to confirm that all required documents are attached to the application
|Health Professions Application Form:
the main application form for the Saskatchewan health professions category of provincial nomination
|Permanent Residence Application:|
|Application For Permanent Residence:
Principal application form for Permanent Residence.
Must be completed by each person over the age of 18 who is included in the application
|Aditional Family Information:
This form asks that the main applicant provide information about his/her family.
|Schedule 4 [economic class]:
Provincial nominees must complete this form along with all other required forms for permanent residency
Requirements for residency applications may vary depending on the country of citizenship of the applicant. In order to be issued a visa, all candidates must meet criminal and medical admissibility requirements. Applicants considered inadmissible to Canada may be denied a visa.
Applications of applicants in Canada will be processed by the Canadian Consulate General in Buffalo . Applicants may be required to attend an interview with the Consulate in Buffalo or the Canadian Consulate General in Seattle.