Marrying and Sponsoring a Non-Canadian in Canada

Listen to this article

Inland Sponsorship in Canada

If you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, and your spouse or partner is only a temporary resident (in Canada on a visitor visa, study permit, or work permit) you can sponsor your partner or spouse to become a permanent resident through spousal sponsorship.

Inland Sponsorship is a slightly different process than sponsorship of a spouse or partner who is outside Canada, though the requirements are mostly the same. To learn more, check out Immigroup's Family Class Sponsorship page.


Additional Resources: Take your time and read some of the research articles about your Sponsorship topic:

Must Read

How to get married in Canada to a foreigner

Family sponsorship application document checklist

Spousal Sponsorship Letter – How to ace it

The Basics

When to do overseas vs. inland spousal sponsorship application

Common law partner vs. conjugal partner

Income requirement for Canadian spousal (and other family) sponsorship applications

Sponsoring a spouse with dependent child FAQs

How to prove a common law relationship

Sponsoring a spouse to Canada

Related Content

How to prove single status for marriage abroad

Limits to family sponsorship liability: How much could you owe?

What to do when your spousal sponsorship fails

How to get visa invitation letter for Canada in 5 easy steps

Gathering documents for foreign countries

International marriage and documents you will need

How to download and use Adobe acrobat for CIC forms

Divorce rates of sponsored couples vs. Canadian couples

Where is your foreign spouse really from?


Bringing your American Partner to Canada

Bringing your Mexican spouse or partner to Canada

Bringing your Jamaican spouse to Canada

Bringing your Brazilian fiancé to Canada

Bringing your Vietnamese spouse or partner to Canada

Bringing your Filipino spouse to Canada


Also find these contents interesting