CALL CENTER • Mon-Fri 8:00AM - 5:00PM EST
HEAD OFFICE • Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 5:00PM EST

Founded 2004
Call us: 1•866•760•2623 Email Us:

Toll free: 1•866•760•2623
Call Us: (416) 962-2623
Email Us:
Call center: Mon-Fri 8:00AM - 5:00PM EST
Office: Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 5:00PM EST

Live-in Caregiver Program Canada


The Live-In Caregiver Program is now Closed

A live-in caregiver in Canada is a person qualified to give professional child care, care for old people or the disabled unsupervised in private households. To qualify as a live in caregiver, the caregiver must live permanently in the house of the people they look after.

Book a Consulatation


The Live-in Caregiver Program Canada:

To qualify the carer and their Canadian employer must meet certain requirements laid down by Citizenship and Immigration.

For Employers, the live-in caregiver program provides an affordable way to continue working outside the household while your loved ones are being well cared for at home. Click here for more information A Live-in caregiver has an opportunity to gain Canadian work experience, work for a Canadian employer at competitive wages, and after two years, have the possibility of applying for permanent residence for you, your spouse or common-law partner and dependent children. Click here for more information


Wages for Live-in Caregivers

Wages paid to a foreign carers must be the same as those offered to a Canadian or permanent resident doing the same job. To learn about wages for each province in Canada, please click here. Employers must comply with provincial advertising and recruitment requirements before hiring a foreign carer. An employer must check the advertising and recruitment requirements for the province where they live. Some provinces require that the employer advertise the job opening in a local newspaper or the Internet. The ad should include the position title, wages, hours of work, specific duties and any special requirements.



Studying in Canada under the Live-in Caregiver Program

If you wish to study in Canada, you are allowed to do so providing that your job as carer is the main purpose of your stay. If the duration of the course or program is more than six months, a study permit is required.


Our Service

Immigroup can assist you in finding an employer and / or assist you with your live-in caregiver application. To start simply call us toll free on 1-866-760-2623 or if calling from outside of North America 1-416-962-2623 and let one of our representatives know that you’re looking to come to Canada on the live-in caregiver program or fill out an on line request form.