Search results

1. P

Clarification on leaving CA while PR process is pending

Hi, there. I've been reading up on this on the internet, and the answers vary, so I thought I might get some clarity here. I'm a US citizen, and my husband is a PR in Canada. Currently, we're living together (me under visitor status for 6 months) in Canada. We got married way after his PR status...
  2. P

Extending visitor visa

Hello, I am a US citizen visiting Canada. My visa expires July 16th. I was debating whether to apply for an extension or leave the country and come back later. If I took the extension route, once I get my answer (assuming it's positive), will I have to leave the country and re-enter (called...
  3. P

Spousal sponsorship

Hello, I am a US citizen, and my fiance, with his permanent residency in Canada, will sponsor me for PR as well. We are wondering if the qualification to be "living together for a year" is meant to be consecutive, or cumulative? We are assuming consecutive and from what we've researched so...
  4. P

The 'fine print' of US citizens visiting Canada

Hello :) I am wondering if the 6 month entry for US citizens to Canada is within a 12 month period? So, if I go to CA in January and leave by June, can I come back to CA and the 6 months will reset or would I only be allowed back in the following year since I've used up 6 months already? I...