Did I misrepresent myself in the Express Entry application

jbs390

Hi all.

I received an invitation to apply for PR through the CEC based on a CRS score of 514. In my Express Entry Pool application, I stated that I did have a job offer in Canada, based on my belief that I the job I currently have met the correct requirements:
  • be for full-time and for at least one year
  • meet different requirements depending on type of job (i.e. some need apprenticeships and certification) and
  • be non-seasonal for Federal Skilled Workers
Important to note that I did not receive any points for this job offer because it did not have a positive LMIA. Additionally, the 'Details about your profile" section states "Valid job offer: Not applicable."

Now i've received the ITA and I'm filling out the form, and it seems that I do not have a valid job offer because my job will not extend past one year after I receive PR. Now i'm afraid that I might have misrepresented myself in the Express Entry Pool application, because the job offer that I said I had is not actually valid for applying through CEC.

Can anyone help me with this question. It doesn't seem like it affects my application because I received no points for "arranged employment," it's just that I know misrepresentation is such a big deal.

Thank you so much!

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
You should contact a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) or a lawyer. Sorry I can't be more helpful.