Marrying an an illegal living in the U.S.


New Member

I'm a Canadian Citizen my fiance has been living in the U.S. for more than 10 years illegally he is from Mexico we are planning to get marry what will be my option to marry and sponsor him after so we start living in Canada,

I will appreciate any suggestions regarding my inquiry,

Riley Haas

Well-Known Member
I do not know the marriage laws of the individual states, for example if the state he is living in prevents people with status from marrying legally. I suspect that's not the case, but I wanted to mention as a possibility.

The important thing is he must have status in the country he is living in when you submit the sponsorship application, meaning that he either needs to return to Mexico or come to Canada as a visitor (or worker or student).