Should my wife flagpole for her work permit then submit a spousal sponsorship?


New Member
I have a PR and am planning to apply for an spousal sponsorship for my wife, and submit her work permit application with this, but I want to know if I can go to Niagara and flagpole for her work permit so this speeds up the process.

My wife is from the U.K and she is now living with me.

Can you please advise?


Riley Haas

Well-Known Member
Off the top of my head I don't believe she's allowed to flagpole for this particular situation. Moreover, it's an inland application which is a little dicey at the border. (Basically: she's supposed to be sponsored from abroad and she's not supposed to enter Canada with the intention of getting sponsored, so leaving the country just so she can tell the CBSA that she is doing this strikes me as a bad idea.)