SINP - hospitality sector pilot project sub-category


New Member

Hope my message finds you in sound health and high spirits. My question is in reference to SINP and its hospitality sector pilot project sub-category. I am a student who has graduated from Ontario and have an open work permit. My question is - Can an open work permit holder apply under SINP - Hospitality Sector Project Sub-Category? If yes, I have studied in Ontario and got open work permit, do I have to work for 6 months or 24 months to be able to apply in SINP - Hospitality Sector Project Sub-Category?

Thanking you
Best Regards

Riley Haas

Well-Known Member
Hi there,
I think you do have to work in Saskatchewan first but I will double check. (Usually a PNP requires some kind of "tie" to a province, in this case work.)


Riley Haas

Well-Known Member
Under the Hospitality Sector Project sub-category, foreign workers who are currently working in Saskatchewan on a temporary work permit supported by Service Canada's labour market impact assessment can apply for nomination by the SINP if they have been working for an approved employer for the past six months, at minimum, and are in one of the following occupations:
Food/Beverage Server (NOC 6453)
Food Counter Attendant/Kitchen Helper (NOC 6641)
Housekeeping/Cleaning Staff (NOC 6661)
Workers in these categories must first begin working in Saskatchewan on a temporary foreign work permit for a company that has been approved by the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP). If an approved business offers the worker permanent employment, after a minimum of 6 months employment the worker may apply to the SINP for permanent resident status.