Amendment of COPR/landing paper.

Kuldeep

Hi,

I am in India right now but i went to Canada as a student, then got work permit, but my permanent residency process took so long that I had to leave Canada after applied my PR file because my status was expired. So I got my PR in India and then got married, just 10 days after the Wedding, I got my PR, then my lawyer suggested me to add on my spouse’s documents in my file so in that way we will both get our PR together. He updated CIC about everything and then CIC again took 5 months and re opened my file. After that they sent me passport request, but didn’t ask anything for my spouse. I got my passport stamped and COPR as well. But they didn’t change my marital status on COPR. They mentioned my status as single. My lawyer informed CIC about everything from very beginning, submitted marriage and spouse documents but still they took 5 months and didn’t change my marital status. Then my lawyer sent back the COPR for correction and it’s been two months we haven’t heard anything from CIC. We have raised so many webforms as well but nothing is happening. So I would like to ask that is it safe to travel to Canada now because we have already informed CIC about the situation or I have to wait until they will amend the COPR letter. Because my COPR will expire next year in March so I have to enter Canada before it.

abkum92

Phone
Kuldeep, I am in the same situation as you are. IRCC is not replying to webforms for spouse addition to application. My COPR expires in Jan 2023. Any luck at your end?

Tee

Hello Kuldeep and abkum92, how were you able to resolve this? I’m in the same situation