Applying for visitor visa - Canada relative

Hello,

I am helping my parents apply for a Canada visitor visa. They are Indian citizens with no intention of over-staying in Canada. My mother has a brother in Canada, but he is not sponsoring their stay. Do we need to include his name and address in the list of brothers and sisters? The concern is that Canada Immigration will ask him for bank statements as proof of their financial support while in Canada. Advice is appreciated, thank you!

IMMIgroup

Get Answers!
Staff member
Phone
+1-416-962-2623
Web
https://immigroup.com
Email
[email protected]
It is always best to be as transparent as possible. You could list him but in a cover letter (where you briefly sum up the most important information about the visit) you could explain that your brother in Canada will not be sponsoring their stay even though you have listed him. The cover letter should go at the beginning of your application package where it is easily visible by the immigration officer reviewing their case.

IsabelBarbeau

Phone
587-400-3335
Web
https://blueeye.ca/
Email
[email protected]
Hello,

I am helping my parents apply for a Canada visitor visa. They are Indian citizens with no intention of over-staying in Canada. My mother has a brother in Canada, but he is not sponsoring their stay. Do we need to include his name and address in the list of brothers and sisters? The concern is that Canada Immigration will ask him for bank statements as proof of their financial support while in Canada. Advice is appreciated, thank you!
Yes its important that you should fill the right details and the purpose of their coming to Canada. It doesn't matter that weather your mother's bother is sponsoring her stay or not, but you should mention each and every detail so that the officers don't have any question on your application. And you can mention that they have their own funds and they are just coming to Canada to visit. Ensure that your application clearly states that they have strong ties with India and have intention to go back after.