Can Master's degree be rejected in the application even though it is approved by WES?

ChanB

I have completed my M.Tech in Software systems with specialization in Data Analytics in Jan 2020 from Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS).
It was a work integrated learning programme (basically for working professionals) but the good thing is that the degree certificate doesn't use terms like full/part time.
I had received WES evaluation stating that it is equivalent to Canadian Master's Degree and have also received the additional points based on this and the Entry Entry Federal Skilled Worker ITA.
1. Can Canada Immigration still reject this degree because I will also be showing that I was working during this period OR does it accept the degree once WES has approved it?
2. Also, BITS has campus in Pilani/Goa/Hyderabad but in the education history, I will be adding "Place of Study" as Mumbai. Will this cause a problem due to distant learning?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Let me try to answer your questions:
  1. I don't know why they would reject your degree. They might value the work experience differently, though.
  2. That I'm sorry to say I don't know. You could try providing an explanation letter about this if you're really worried about it.