Common-law PR applicant/international student in Canada who wants to apply for OWP

AK2023

I am an international student holding a study permit in BC, Canada.
My common-law partner is Canadian citizen who is sponsoring me for permanent residency. We submitted the spousal sponsorship application online on Jun 01, 2023.
I want to apply for spousal open work permit once I receive AOR as my work hours are limited to 20 hours per week with my study permit.

However, as I was trying to start my application for spousal open work permit(SOWP) on IRCC account by answering some questions to determine my eligibility, it only tells me that I am eligible to work off campus instead of creating me a personalized document checklist for SOWP application.

According to IRCC, I am eligible for spousal open work permit.

But I have no idea how a study permit holder/sponsored spouse can apply for SOWP on IRCC account.
I have attached my answers to the questionnaire on IRCC.

I appreciate if anyone can assist on this matter..

Attachments

IMMIgroup

Get Answers!
Staff member
Phone
+1-416-962-2623
Web
https://immigroup.com
Email
[email protected]
On the page you link above the instructions are quite clear. Scroll down to where it says How to apply for an open work permit, click yes to the question Do you have valid temporary resident status and keep reading the instructions. There are links to the guide (5553) as well and a link here where you click to create an account with IRCC and begin the process. I would read Guide 5553 before starting.