French citizen working in Canada?

ishagol

Hi, I'm new to the forum. Not sure if this is the right subsection to post this question. I'm doing some research on how to bring my girlfriend to Canada. I am a Canadian citizen btw if that's relevant.

She is a French citizen and has recently graduated with a Master's degree in Finance-related field. I assume the best way for her to come at this time is with a work permit. So my question is what type of permit should she apply for? (From the information I gathered, I believe she could apply for the Employer-specific work permits, not sure about the open permit though).

Also, if she's here, she will be staying in Toronto, Ontario...not Quebec. I believe that is relevant to her applicant wait-time?

Is there anything I could do (i.e. providing evidence of sponsorship or support) during the application process?

Any thought or comment is appreciated.

Thank you!

Hi, I'm new to the forum. Not sure if this is the right subsection to post this question. I'm doing some research on how to bring my girlfriend to Canada. I am a Canadian citizen btw if that's relevant.

She is a French citizen and has recently graduated with a Master's degree in Finance-related field. I assume the best way for her to come at this time is with a work permit. So my question is what type of permit should she apply for? (From the information I gathered, I believe she could apply for the Employer-specific work permits, not sure about the open permit though).

Also, if she's here, she will be staying in Toronto, Ontario...not Quebec. I believe that is relevant to her applicant wait-time?

Is there anything I could do (i.e. providing evidence of sponsorship or support) during the application process?

Any thought or comment is appreciated.

Thank you!
Citizens of France are able to apply for a Work Visa to Canada. Successful applicants can migrate and work in Canada permanently or temporarily.
Based on your answer, you may be eligible for an employer-specific work permit if you:
  • will live and work in a Fancophone community outside Quebec,
  • use French on a daily basis, and
  • will work in a job at a National Occupation Code (NOC) skill level of 0, A or B.
You do not have to work in French to be eligible for this permit. However, we may ask you to complete language testing after you apply. You must get a “score of 7 on the TEF: Test d’évaluation de français (available in French only) or the Test de connaissance du français (TCF).

Applying from outside Canada
You must:
  • fill out the Application for Work Permit Made Outside Canada, and
  • apply online (recommended) or to a Visa Application Center (VAC)

If your job is at the NOC 0 (managerial, executive) or NOC A (professional) level, you may benefit from the Global Skills Strategy’s two-week application processing.