How to go about this

RustyB

Hello there,

I am a Barbadian national currently working in the Philippines. I have been here for just over a year and plan to stay for about another year. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Tourism Planning from a Federal University in Brazil. Apart from English, I speak fluent Portuguese and advanced French. I would like to immigrate to Canada, but I am unsure of how to start it all and would really appreciate some insight.

Thanks a lot!

RustyB

Hi Riley. I am in a project management role for a tourism project in the Philippines. We are launching a new product to serve the northern region of the country.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Okay. So it sounds as though you may qualify for the federal skilled worker program through the new system known as "Express Entry." Is your occupation title 'project manager' or something else?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
So would that be "Tourism Consultant" or "Management Consultant" or something else? Or just "Consultant"? I would like to look up your NOC Code. It will help me tell you whether or not you are eligible.

RustyB

Hi Riley, sorry for the very late reply. The title is just Consultant. I am working primarily on the tourism project, but I'm also getting my feet wet in other things the company is engaged in that are not tourism-related.