Job offer and PR residency Obligation

RobinBij

Hello all,

I am in Canada as a PR. I require another 6 months to complete my two years for residency requirement. I do not have any spare days to spend outside of Canada for two years residency requirement out of 5 as I arrived late in Canada after covid. I have just received job offer that requires me to travel abroad for work that lasts for max three weeks. However, I am bit scared to travel abroad out of Canada. I am aware and have read that time spent outside of Canada working for Canadian company counts towards as days spend in Canada. I am worried if there are any blind spots to the statement of days being counted as stay in Canada.

If anybody has travelled outside of Canada and renewed PR without any problem. I would love to hear from you guys.

Have a wonderful time people.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
I am assuming you are working for a Canadian company. Just make sure you keep detailed documentation, e.g..:

1. You are working for a Canadian company, not an (e.g..) U.S. company with a link to a Canadian company (think if TD in the US and TD in Canada. TD in the US is an American Company).
2. It Sounds to me like you are doing your due diligence. The key is keeping close track of your date and having all the documents in order. Remember, when you are filing a renewal of your PR card, it is always best to send too many documents vs not enough.