Job Offer????

Sonu

Is a job offer required to immigrate to Canada under the Skilled Worker/ Professional category?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Normally, unless you are in one of the eligible occupations and meet the criteria: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp?expand=jobs#jobs

ss1122

Hi Admin
Have mentioned NA in closed work permit application rather than mentioning employer nMe & address in question of details of prospective employer.
Realised my mistake later, have sent case specific enquiry to embassy. Do you think embassy officer will accept this & update my employer name & address which by mistake marked as NA

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, I don't know. You might have to reapply but wait to hear from them before you do anything drastic.

ss1122

Do you think this may lead to return of application as already 3 months have passed an no reply from embassy.

The question itself was confusing hence this mistake. have sent them a reply note through case specific enquiry form mentioning the reason. yes all documents pertaining to employment offer is attached to application !!

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
It's likely it will as, to my knowledge, they are sticklers for accuracy in the applications. But this will depend in part on the staff of a particular visa office. You never really know until you get the result (approval/rejection). Sorry I can't be more definitive.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, normally you don't know whether or not the particular office was picky until you get the response. In your case you might find out sooner because you submitted that case specific inquiry. Is that more clear?