Marriage after AOR

Bhavinvmehta

Hi,
I will be getting married in few weeks after receiving AOR and would like to add my wife's details using webform so that our application for PR is processed together. In the case,

1. Will my score get recalculated?

2. Does she have to give language test and do ECA?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
You've already submitted your PR application? It doesn't work that way. You have to apply together at the time or you have to sponsor her.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
What do you think is inaccurate about this? Please provide a link to where the Canadian government says you can add someone to your immigration application through a web form.

Bhavinvmehta

What do you think is inaccurate about this? Please provide a link to where the Canadian government says you can add someone to your immigration application through a web form.
Please don't reply based on best guess, but only when entirely sure, can impact big decisions of others based on it.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
This is news to me:
"Section A11.2 does not apply when an applicant adds a family member to their application after the e-APR; however, the family member will have to be assessed, and the principal applicant must provide IRCC with the Additional Family Information form [IMM 5406 (PDF, 570KB)] and pay the applicable fees online. "
I guess it's a change based upon electronic applications. So then the answer is that you have to add her within the portal, and submit the IMM 5406 and pay the fees. Sorry, I didn't know this was an option. I've never heard of this before.

From my understanding, here is how I would answer your initial questions:
  1. Your score is now irrelevant as your are an applicant, not a candidate
  2. From this brief description, I guess not. But this is the first time I've heard of this, so I have no idea. You might want to speak to a consultant or you can try calling IRCC at 1-888-242-2100. Just know they often don't give good answers (and it's really hard to get through)