Need help

grayu

Dear,
I plan to apply outland spousal sponsorship due to me and my husband plan to move back to Canada on 2017. I am Indonesian citizen and already have visitor visa until 2019.
My question is ; if my application already process but is not done when I start to moving to Canada, I am still allowed to use my visitor visa?
Should I wait in Indonesia during my outland application being process? Can I wait in Canada by using my visitor visa?
Thank you !!
I am kind of confuse here. :( dunno where to start. Really appreciate your help.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there,
Normally, you should wait until your outland sponsorship application is approved before coming to Canada. But since you already have a visa, you don't have to. The issue is getting into the country itself. You'll have to show the CBSA officer that you intend to leave Canada before your entry stamp expires.

grayu

Thank you.
Is the PR will be given to me in the country where I applied it ? (Indonesia) or if I already in Canada, can i just collect it in indonesian embassy there?
How long can i stay per visit with my visitor visa? (I only use for vocation visit last year for 2 weeks) for the next visit I am thinking to make my stay as long as I can since I plan is to stay. I am just thinking about this because I am trying to avoid keep traveling back forward between Canada -Indonesia.
Thank you in advance for your help. If you have advice for better way to do my plan please feel free to tell me.
Cheers.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
You will be issued a document that allows you to travel to Canada on the understanding that you have been granted permanent residence. However, you will not get permanent residence until you land at a Canadian port of entry and an officer admits you and confirms your landing on that document (or issues a different one, depending on the situation).

How long you can stay in Canada on a visitor visa completely depends upon the officer admitting you. It's often 6 months, but it could be anything - it's whatever they stamp your passport with. If you tell them you have plans to stay, you will likely be denied entry.

I hope this helps.