Not qualified for EE presently, looking for PNP answers

ArmCub76

I have been doing the free assessments and they have come back to tell me I do not have enough points to get over the 67 mark for express entry. The immigration agency has recommended a PNP instead. I want to enhance my profile by going back to school and finishing my degree. However, I am 40 and time is not on my side. Is it wise to be flexible and willing to change my career to something that is in demand like (construction, accommodations, or other needed positions )? If I am willing to make a career change in favor of what Canada needs instead of what I want, Would that help me in the PNP process or even in express entry? The language was another hurdle as I am already taking french classes and planning to take the IELTS for english. Would I also need to take it for french? Also, are there ways to immigrate without a formal degree? Lastly, if I came to study would I be able to transfer my credits to a Canadian university?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there,
I'm sorry to break the bad news, but if you have 67 points on an Express Entry assessment, you will have a really hard time qualifying for any non-occupation-specific immigration stream.

How is it that you only have 67 points? Your English seems to good to me for this to be true. https://www.immigroup.com/news/express-entrys-comprehensive-rating-system

I'm not sure it's wise to change careers in order to immigrate, as what PNPs prioritize today and what they will prioritize in two years is bound to change, though someone with more knowledge of job sector growth would be able to answer that question better.

If you look at the above link, you'll see that second language skills only get you so many points. It may not be worth the effort.

The only ways to immigrate without formal education and related work experience are:
  • Immigrate through a PNP that nominates semi-skilled workers
  • qualify as an investor/entrepreneur (requires lots and lots of money)
  • qualify as "self employed" (restricted to very few areas)
  • come as a student and work your way through.

To that last path and your last question: your ability to transfer your credits to Canada will depend upon both where you studied and what school you want to study in Canada.

I hope this helps.

ArmCub76

Thank you for the information Riley. I was informed by an immigration agency that there were selection criteria that made me ineligible. Is the information he gave me false? I attached what he sent me for my assessment.