online study permit application!

milad

hi, i am going to apply for study permit on behalf of someone online. the applicant gave me the permission of doing so. i am wondering that should he sign each forms individually? (ie. FAMILY_INFORMATION_IMM5645E, STUDY_PERMIT_APP_IMM1294E, USE_OF_REP_IMM5476E). as well as for the use of representative do i need to sign?. because i watched on youtube saying that ''if you apply for study permit online, you do not need to sign the forms''. your valuable help is appreciated!

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
He needs to sign all the forms that require his signature (off the top of my head I am not sure whether or not IMM5645 has a signature box, but if it does, he needs to "sign" it). However, since he is applying online, the creation of the profile is taken as a signature.
If you are doing all the applying for him, you both need to complete the Use of Rep form. If he is paying you, you need to be officially authorized to do this. If he is not paying you, you can indicate that on the Use of Rep form.
If he is doing most of the work, but you are going to be corresponding with the government on his behalf, there is a separate form, about releasing information to third parties, that you should use instead. But it sounds like isn't the case here.

Hope this helps.

milad

okay, so based on your information we just need to sign the use Rep form, not the the two other forms. this application will be sent online. Also IMM5645 has a signature box. so what happens if we sign all the forms and scan them back and send them? i am not getting paid for this application. because i am doing a favor for him.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
I have personally never done an online application, so I don't know what happens if you print them off, complete them and scan them and send them. I thought some of them had to be completed "online".