Open Work Permit Help

kalexand

Hi!
My husband was denied an open work permit today due to Section 203: it said that he did not submit the Labour Assessment Form and the forms from Social and Economics Canada. We're very confused because it is quite clear that you do not need to submit these for an open work permit. Essentially, we were denied for forms we do not need. He filled everything out as a temporary resident and following Immigrations advice, wrote a letter of intent explaining that once we got the work permit we would apply for permanent residency but needed the funds to do so. We checked with Immigration through all the steps and followed their exact advice. Any ideas as to why were denied for something we were not required to submit?

Hi!
My husband was denied an open work permit today due to Section 203: it said that he did not submit the Labour Assessment Form and the forms from Social and Economics Canada. We're very confused because it is quite clear that you do not need to submit these for an open work permit. Essentially, we were denied for forms we do not need. He filled everything out as a temporary resident and following Immigrations advice, wrote a letter of intent explaining that once we got the work permit we would apply for permanent residency but needed the funds to do so. We checked with Immigration through all the steps and followed their exact advice. Any ideas as to why were denied for something we were not required to submit?
Did they provide any explanations? Was Labour Assessment Form translated in English ( if English is not his first language). Is it his first Work permit he ever applied for?
Can't tell you for sure.....I got my work permit after my graduation from school here...

kalexand

The explanation was that the permit was denied as per section 203 - the fact we didn't turn in a labour assessment form. English is his first language and it's an open work permit, which means that the LAF isn't necessary. In fact, once you click 'open' as your work permit on the application form, your only option is to click 'No' for the labour assessment form box on the application. That's why we're super confused....

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
I responded to your other post. Sorry to say that I don't know whether or not this was a mistake on their end. That's my guess, but I would suggest getting a professional to look at both the application and the denial.

Sorry I cannot be more helpful.