Options to enter Canada with Proper Visa

nana

Hi all,
I am from Korea and my fiance is Egyptian. Currently, I live in Canada with family-class permanent residency that I got through my previous partner in July, 2020. Due to my status, I am not qualified to invite him to Canada as a permanent resident, according to IRCC website, I need to live in Canada at least 5 years with this type of permanent residency to be able to invite my spouse.
About him, he had been applied for temporary work permit long time ago (He didn't tell me exactly when) and due to the lack of experience, he had been rejected. I am not sure if it is true or not but according to my boyfriend, it is hard to get a visa if a person has been rejected before.
We are looking for an option what we can do to be together and get married. Any thoughts?

IMMIgroup

Get Answers!
Staff member
Phone
+1-416-962-2623
Web
https://immigroup.com
Email
[email protected]
Unfortunately, the 5-year rule applies in your case. While you could perhaps move to another country to be together, that would affect your status in Canada - the number of years have to be present to apply for citizenship, for example.