Questions related to Temporary Visitor Visa

Priyank

Hi, I'm from India and want to apply for Temporary Visitor Visa. My main purpose is to visit my brother in Alberta (Canada).
I have created my CIC account and want to apply online for visa on their website but have got few questions listed below.

1. In the form IMM5257E, what dates to fill under "Indicate how long you plan to stay"?
Note: The visiting dates are not fixed yet but would stay for approx 1-2 months if I get the visa.

2. What document should I submit under "Purpose of Travel"?
Note: The instructions on CIC website asks to submit the departing flight tickets from Canada, itinerary, etc. But since my dates are not fixed, I'm confused what document to submit.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
I will do my best to try to answer your questions:
[list type=decimal]
[*]You should pick the latest end date you intend to visit, otherwise they may not grant you the visa for your whole intended stay. If you're not sure whether it will be 1 or 2 months, make it 2.
[*]Well, unfortunately a return ticket is a big part of the application. Give as much of your itinerary as possible. The safest thing to do is to book a return ticket and move it if you decide you are going to stay for a shorter period of time.
[/list]
Hope this helps!

Riley

rsimmigration

To process a success visitor visa application, do not simply follow the documents listed on CIC. That is the minimum requirements and approval is difficult with minimum requirements.