skilled worker program

richard

riley, what do you know about this, http://vancouversun.com/opinion/columnists/douglas-todd-fake-jobs-help-fast-track-citizenship-for-immigrants

how would the government know if a job offer itself is fake? what if someone paid someone in canada like 100k or more to create a fake job that they do have the skills necessary and degree but the job offer itself is fake? how would the government know if fraud is happening in this case? how would the government investigate this one since its not marriage fraud? rsvp

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know anything about it, actually. And I don't know how the government would investigate that. You will get more information from media reports than you will be able to get from me.

My guess, and it's only a guess, is that the fake job offers look weird to government officials. Or, maybe they see so many job offers between one company and the clients of one consultant. Stuff like that. But I honestly have no idea.

richard

but have you even heard of such fraud? like lets say an employer gets money under the table from someone who only wants papers? does this make sense? corruption i guess..... rsvp.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
I've heard of it from reading media reports. Not the specific one you referenced, but others. But that's all I know about it.