Spousal Sponsorship (Outland) - IMM0008 07-2014 Form

ynasef

Good Morning. I am a Canadian citizen and I am sponsoring my wife from outside of Canada. We recently gathered all of the required documents and filled out all of the forms; however, the CIC recently updated forms IMM0008 and IMM1344 for 07-2014. The issue I am having is that the form IMM0008 (English version) is 'secured/locked' by the CIC and I cannot print the form! I checked the IMM0008 French version and it works fine and can be printed. I have police certificates that will expire in 2 months. I want to send in my application as soon as possible. What is the solution to this problem? Can I have all my forms filled out using the English version and fill in the IMM0008 using the French version and send in my forms/application that way, or will it be refused? Please help me with this issue.

ynasef

Riley Haas said:
I am going to email the file to you. Let me know whether or not you can open it.

Riley
Dear Mr. Riley Haas,

I can open the PDF file with no problems even from the CIC website; however, it is locked and I cannot print the file. The French version works fine and can be printed. I do not know what to do. I can use an online program to unlock the PDF file but I don't know if that is legal? Also, can I send the IMM0008 using the French version and the rest using the English version or will CIC refuse them and return my application? Please help me with this issue.

ynasef

I received an email (reply) from the CIC regarding this issue. They resolved this issue yesterday and now the form works fine.