Spouse application/questions about the form

Mikas

hi there, i am doing the spouse application myself. and i have some question hope someone can answer them for me :)
1. I got married Oct1, 2016, and now we are waiting for the marriage certificate (they told me will take 2 month) but i want to submit the application as soon as i can, can i submit with the marriage license and send them the marriage certificate once i receive it? the reason why is my visitor record expires Nov 14th, even though i have applied for extension, i would like to send out the PR application before my visa expires and in that case, i will be applying under a legal status. Am i right?

2. some of the forms on the checklist do not applicable to us, should i just write NOT APPLICABLE on the checklist or i should print them out, write N/A and sign them? do not want to take any risk!!

3. about the work permit, i understand that the pilot program is only until Dec 21, this year. if i submit my application before that, i should still be eligible to apply for a work permit right??

4. and is anyone can review my whole application once i got everything organized, for a reasonable price?

thanks

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
1. I got married Oct1, 2016, and now we are waiting for the marriage certificate (they told me will take 2 month) but i want to submit the application as soon as i can, can i submit with the marriage license and send them the marriage certificate once i receive it?
You can submit your application with the marriage license and send the marriage certificate later, but I don't know if that's the best option. Not sure whether or not that would be smart. If you have all the other supporting documentation you need (including wedding photos), it may not be a big deal. But I'm not sure.

i will be applying under a legal status. Am i right?
It sounds like it.

some of the forms on the checklist do not applicable to us, should i just write NOT APPLICABLE on the checklist or i should print them out, write N/A and sign them?
If they're mandatory, complete them. Which forms don't apply?

about the work permit, i understand that the pilot program is only until Dec 21, this year. if i submit my application before that, i should still be eligible to apply for a work permit right??
It is expiring then, but it has been extended multiple years now. Hopefully it will be extended again.

and is anyone can review my whole application once i got everything organized, for a reasonable price?
We charge $550 for a review if it's just for a couple, or a couple and one child. Your application will be reviewed by a Registered Canadian Immigration Consultant. If you are interested, you can email us at [email protected] or call us at 1-866-760-2623.

I hope I've been some help.

Mikas

Thank you for your quick reply, and answered all my questions :)

I am puting all the photos in Word, about 4 photos per page, and with my wedding photos, i will have around 70+ pages of photo evidences. do you think this layout is good?

on the checklist, i don't need additional dependants form, its just two of us.
and also don't need Use of a representative form. So should i still print them out and write a big N/A across the form, will that be ok?

also, for the sponsor, the notice of assessment, should it be original or photocopy is fine? it says print out, i assume print out directly from the website? but my husband has the original Notice of assessment, he just photocopied that form instead.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
I am puting all the photos in Word, about 4 photos per page, and with my wedding photos, i will have around 70+ pages of photo evidences. do you think this layout is good?
I believe they prefer actual photos (which is weird these days, I know). We usually submit photos printed on photo paper. Don't know what they'd think about photos printed on printer paper (will they be easy to see?) but 280 photos is definitely a good start.

on the checklist, i don't need additional dependants form, its just two of us.
and also don't need Use of a representative form. So should i still print them out and write a big N/A across the form, will that be ok?
No need to include either form.

also, for the sponsor, the notice of assessment, should it be original or photocopy is fine? it says print out, i assume print out directly from the website?
Yes, I believe they're speaking of printing it off from CRA's website. But I'm sure a copy is okay, as long as it has his identifying information on it.

Mikas

thank you.

so you mean if i print them on the photo paper, it will be better? and i can still do few photos per page?

I just think this way i can explain each photo better. i printed some out just on regular paper, it looks very clear. but i will print them on photo papers on Staples or something

to be honest, will this affect the application if i dont print actual photos out? :-\

and i am also thinking of binding everything together at the end as a book. can i bind the forms too or should i have the forms seperate, and just bind the supporting documents?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
so you mean if i print them on the photo paper, it will be better? and i can still do few photos per page?
I honestly have no idea. I think the important thing would be that the pictures are of a quality that the officer can identity you and your spouse.

to be honest, will this affect the application if i dont print actual photos out?
How would you submit them otherwise?

and i am also thinking of binding everything together at the end as a book. can i bind the forms too or should i have the forms seperate, and just bind the supporting documents?
I have seem applications submitted like this and I think it's a good idea. An index at the front, and at the beginning of each section, is also a good idea.

Mikas

Thank you !

I also want to apply for a open work permit at the same time. since my Visitor record expires Nov 14th, does it mean the visa office have to receive it by Nov 14th in order to make me eligible for the Spouse work permit?

My time line is a bit tight now. What if they received after Nov 14th? i already submit my application for VR extension since October.

Please advise.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
I'm pretty sure you don't have to worry if you already applied for the visitor extension, but you might want to verify that either with IRCC or with a consultant or lawyer. "Implied status" exists for some status renewals but not others and I do not know which off the top of my head.

I think the important thing for the work permit is that it is submitted at the same time as the sponsorship application (or after, I think that's acceptable as well). Certainly you cannot submit it before.

Mikas

Thank you

and also i have read many people said sign all the forms, but some forms like sponsor evaluation don't provide a space to sign, should i just follow the forms, and sign what are needed to be signed?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
If there's no space to sign, I'd assume you don't sign it, but I have never submitted an application myself so I'm not sure.