Validation of time expired PR Cards

Ajith

My wife and I got the Canadian permanent residency and we landed in Vancouver as permanent residents in Nov 2003. We came back to the UAE just after staying in Vancouver for two weeks, planned to work here for one more year, save some more money and return to Canada permanently.

But around that time, my mother was diagnosed with liver disease and, later, my father was diagnosed with cancer. I had the responsibility of taking care of my parents and hence we had to temporarily shelve our dreams of moving to Canada. After prolonged treatment, both my parents have passed on.

We are still highly interested in migrating to Canada. However, our PR cards have time expired in Nov 2008.

We hope that despite the time expiry of our PR cards, they have not been cancelled. How can I check if our PR cards can be renewed / validated so that we are able to migrate to Canada permanently.

What is the process we need to follow in order to renew / validate our PR cards?

airekoth

Most PR cards are valid for five years, but some are only valid for one year. The expiry date is printed on the card. When your PR card expires, you can't use it as a travel document. If your PR card will expire within six months, you should apply to renew your card.

Have a Nice day to all.