Visit in Canada and then Apply?

Zobi

Should I visit Canada before applying for immigration? As I heard it would support your application in a positive way. By the Way, I have done engineering in Petroleum with 03 years experience.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
If you are a petroleum engineer, there is no point in coming here first. You should apply for the federal skilled worker program: http://www.immigroup.com/federal-skilled-worker

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Well, technically you can do that (in normal times with an open border). But they don't want you doing that. And if you show up at a Port of Entry and say "I'm here to apply for PR" or "I'm here to look for a job" you will be denied entry. (Ditto if you put this on your visa application. To make things more complicated, if you lie on your application, you can have your status revoked later.)

aayeshasyeda99

Should I visit Canada before applying for immigration? As I heard it would support your application in a positive way. By the Way, I have done engineering in Petroleum with 03 years experience.
You have to apply for the permit before itself. But according to the new policy, international residents who came before 24th August 2020 can apply for work permit without leaving Canada. So if you're already there, you can make use of this temporary policy.