A live-in caregiver in Canada is a person qualified to give professional child care, care for old people or the disabled unsupervised in private households. To qualify as a live in caregiver, the caregiver must live permanently in the house of the people they look after.
|Book a consultation
Click Apply Now button to book a consultation with one of our qualified immigration consultants
Using the Government Directly
To apply with the government, contact Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
What we do for you if you purchase our service:
- We review every part of your application to ensure it is complete, accurate and mistake-free; not offered by the government.
- We advise you of any additional steps you need to take and of any additional documentation you must provide; the government offers only general guidelines, not specific advice.
- We advise you of any problems you may encounter from filing the application; not offered by the government.
- We verify all supporting documentation prior to submission; not offered by the government.
- We give you unlimited business-hours phone support from 10am-5pm EST.
- We respond to most questions within 1 business day.
- We track the status of your application for you.
The Live-in Caregiver Program Canada:
To qualify the carer and their Canadian employer must meet certain requirements laid down by Citizenship and Immigration.
For Employers, the live-in caregiver program provides an affordable way to continue working outside the household while your loved ones are being well cared for at home. Click here for more information A Live-in caregiver has an opportunity to gain Canadian work experience, work for a Canadian employer at competitive wages, and after two years, have the possibility of applying for permanent residence for you, your spouse or common-law partner and dependent children. Click here for more information
Wages for Live-in Caregivers
Wages paid to a foreign carers must be the same as those offered to a Canadian or permanent resident doing the same job. To learn about wages for each province in Canada, please click here. Employers must comply with provincial advertising and recruitment requirements before hiring a foreign carer. An employer must check the advertising and recruitment requirements for the province where they live. Some provinces require that the employer advertise the job opening in a local newspaper or the Internet. The ad should include the position title, wages, hours of work, specific duties and any special requirements.
Studying in Canada under the Live-in Caregiver Program
If you wish to study in Canada, you are allowed to do so providing that your job as carer is the main purpose of your stay. If the duration of the course or program is more than six months, a study permit is required.
Immigroup can assist you in finding an employer and / or assist you with your live-in caregiver application. To start simply call us toll free on 1-866-760-2623 or if calling from outside of North America 1-416-962-2623 and let one of our representatives know that you’re looking to come to Canada on the live-in caregiver program or fill out an on line request form.
We guarantee your money-back guarantee if your application is not successful.