CALL CENTER • Mon-Fri 8:00AM - 6:00PM EST
HEAD OFFICE • Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 5:00PM EST

Founded 2004
Call us: 1•866•760•2623 (Toll Free in Canada/US) Email Us:

Toll free: 1•866•760•2623
Call Us: (416) 962-2623
Email Us:
Call center: Mon-Fri 8:00AM - 6:00PM EST
Office: Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 5:00PM EST


Working Holiday Visa for Canadians (IEC)

Work and travel overseas through the International Experience Canada Program

Maybe it’s time to pack up and begin to explore the world and all it has to offer. “International Experience Canada” (IEC) gives you the opportunity to work, travel and gain experience in one of the participating countries.  

If you are trying to come to Canada under this program, see this page.

What we do for you if you purchase our service:

  • We review every part of your application to ensure it is complete, accurate and mistake-free; the government will not do this for you.
  • We complete the application for you if you require it; the government will not do this for you.
  • We advise you of any additional steps you need to take and of any additional documentation you must provide; the government only ofers general guidelines and no specific advice.
  • We advise you of any problems you may encounter from filing the application; the government will not do this for you.
  • We verify all supporting documentation prior to submission; the government will not do this for you.
  • We give you unlimited business-hours phone support from 8am-6pm EST; government availability depends on the country you are traveling to.
  • We respond to most questions within 1 business day; government availability depends on the country you are traveling to.
  • We submit your application and all required documentation to the government for you;
  • If an interview is required we prepare you for the interview.
  • We notify you when your visa is ready.


Start Now

Belgium Working Holiday Visa Download Kit
Czech Republic Working Holiday Visa Download Kit
France Working Holiday Visa Download Kit
Latvia Working Holiday Visa Download Kit
New Zealand Working Holiday Visa Download Kit

If you don't see your country on the above list, contact us for a consultation.

What is International Experience Canada?

The Canadian department of trade and foreign affairs has an agreement with 30 countries which encourages and enables cultural exchange between these countries. Adults aged 18-35 can travel to a country of their choice for 12-24 months for work, internships and apprenticeships. 

Here are countries that participate:

Australia Denmark Japan Norway Taiwan
Austria Estonia South Korea Poland Ukraine
Belgium France Latvia Slovakia United Kingdom
Chile Germany Lithuania Slovenia  
Costa Rica Hong Kong Mexico Spain  
Croatia Ireland Netherlands Sweden  
Czech Republic Italy New Zealand Switzerland  

If you are a Canadian citizen and are between the ages of 18 and 35, you are likely eligible to travel to any of these countries under the IEC.

The Three Categories of the Inernational Experience Canada Program

Working Holiday Visa

This is the most popular category. Applicants aged 18-35 are granted a 12-24 month open work permit which allows them to work in their country of choice. The conditions of the visa are different for each country.

Young professionals

The Young Professionals category is designed for post-graduates and apprentices who wish to further their careers by gaining work experience under a pre-arranged contract of employment in one of the participating countries.

International co-op

The International Co-op (Internship) category is designed for students and apprentices who are registered students at a post-secondary institution in Canada and who intend to complete a work placement or internship in one of the participating countries.


To be eligible for this great opportunity you must:

  • Be a Canadian citizen, and hold a valid Canadian passport that will not expire during the duration of your stay;
  • Be between the ages of 18 and 35 inclusive at the time your application is received;
  • Have the equivalent of C$2,500 to help cover your expenses at the beginning of your stay;
  • Provide a clean Canadian police certificate;
  • Be prepared to take out health-care insurance for the duration of your stay – you may have to present evidence of this insurance when you enter the participating country;
  • Pay a participation fee that is equivalent to C$150;
  • Show proof that you intend to return to Canada, such as a return ticket;
  • Not be accompanied by dependant(s) under your IEC application;


  • If you are interested in the young professional category you must have a job offer in your field of expertise;
  • If you are interested in the international co-op category, you must be enrolled in a Canadian post secondary institute and have a contract with your internship host.


Please note

  • Not every country offers all three categories; please check the list below to see which categories are available in your country;
  • Every country has different conditions and criteria for each category;
  • If you have participated in this program before you may or not be eligible to participate again;
  • In some countries the age limit is 18 to 29, or 30;
  • IEC begins accepting visa applications in January, and they are filled very quickly;
  • If you are currently participating in the IEC program you may be eligible for an extension.

Before you choose the country you wish to travel to, make sure you are educated in the economics of that country, for instance:

  • Is there available work?
  • What is the exchange rate against the Canadian dollar?
  • How much is rent?
  • Is transport accessible?

The answers to these questions should play a major factor your choice of destination.

This is a list of countries that participate and the categories they offer:

Country Working Holiday Young Professionals International Co-Op
Australia Yes Yes Yes
Austria No Yes Yes
Belgium Yes No No
Chile Yes Yes Yes
Costa Rica Yes Yes Yes
Croatia Yes Yes Yes
Czech Republic Yes Yes Yes
Denmark Yes No No
Estonia Yes Yes Yes
France Yes Yes Yes
Germany Yes Yes Yes
Greece Yes Yes Yes
Hong Kong Yes No No
Ireland Yes No No
Italy Yes No No
Japan Yes No No
South Korea Yes No No
Latvia Yes Yes Yes
Lithuania Yes Yes Yes
Mexico Yes Yes Yes
Netherlands Yes Yes No
New Zealand Yes No No
Norway Yes Yes Yes
Poland Yes Yes Yes
Slovakia Yes Yes Yes
Slovenia Yes Yes Yes
Spain Yes Yes Yes
Sweden Yes Yes Yes
Switzerland No Yes Yes
Taiwan Yes Yes Yes
Ukraine Yes Yes Yes
United Kingdom Yes No No

Each country issues a specific visa quota to Canadians every year. The number of visas issued varies from country to country

Visit the website of embassy of the country you wish to travel for more information or visit

Please note that the number of available visas is constantly changing. For the numbers as of August 2013, see this page. For up-to-date numbers, please visit

Coming Soon

Use Immigroup vs. Do It on Your Own

What are some benefits of using IMMIgroup as your representative?

Ask Questions

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.

Do you have questions? Please fill in the form.