Trying to find a job offer in Canada from Colombia

danielm

Hi I'm a man from Colombia I'm 26 old, I'm trying to find a job offer for me and for my father, I already made my resume, I was looking a job offer in Canadian job bank with the noc 8611, but I realized I need to get legal first to be able to work right there, so I do not know where to start, how to prepare myself and immigration to get there.

I'm looking job for any kind, but also I'm a graphic designer, I like to make illustrations too, so if anybody may help me with that I'd be very grateful.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Well, the problem with trying to work in Canada when you don't live here is that many employers are not looking to hire foreigners.

Usually you have to have some specific skill set, or some connections, to find a job offer.

Otherwise it is quite hard. Sorry for the bad news.

danielm

Well, the problem with trying to work in Canada when you don't live here is that many employers are not looking to hire foreigners.

Usually you have to have some specific skill set, or some connections, to find a job offer.

Otherwise it is quite hard. Sorry for the bad news.

What I feared of... Thank you very much for give me that info, so what about specific skill set what do I need to fit in that category? and where can I find job offers that actually are looking foreigners?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
So specific skill sets would be rare skills (or willingness to do things Canadians don't want to...) but they are regionally specific.

So, a hypothetical example (and not a very good one) would be a python programmer who needs to work on site (not remotely): there might be thousands of them in Toronto but none in northern BC.

The other types of jobs are those Canadians don't want to do, like farm work - the problem with these jobs is that they are not skilled and you cannot get PR usually if you are working in Canada in a no- or low-skill occupation.

As to job offers, if you have a unique set of skills you should target specific industries and those industries might have their own job boards/head hunters.

Robin

Hi I'm a man from Colombia I'm 26 old, I'm trying to find a job offer for me and for my father, I already made my resume, I was looking a job offer in Canadian job bank with the noc 8611, but I realized I need to get legal first to be able to work right there, so I do not know where to start, how to prepare myself and immigration to get there.

I'm looking job for any kind, but also I'm a graphic designer, I like to make illustrations too, so if anybody may help me with that I'd be very grateful.
Hi, there let me be honest with you. there is lots of recruitment agency in Canada just one through them they will help you to find perfect job profile for you. check this one for reference. https://primusworkforce.com/
All the best hope you will find your dream job.
Thanks.

Janneth Smith

I really want to relocate to Canada as in my own town it is very hard to find a job due to the size of the town. And I can't find the job anywhere, so maybe someone here can help.