Urgent PR Card Renewal and PRTD

1. I am in Liberia, I had a family emergency to attend which is the death of my grandmother who raised me. I was focus on getting my citizenship so I didn’t bother with the renewal of my PR card few months to the expiration but before leaving for Liberia 0ct 6,2020 I did applied for urgent processing for the renewal of my PR card and it has been a month already I haven’t received it yet.

2. I still left for Liberia because this woman meant the world to me and it is because of her I am a better person in society therefore, I felt the need to pay my last respect. When I arrived to Liberia I did put in for PRTD to return to Canada after the funeral. I did my application online and send it along with every necessary supporting documents that was required by email ([email protected]) because there’s no VAC in here Liberia and it has been two weeks I haven’t received anything yet so please is there a contact information to reach out? because after sending in my UCI number based on their request, I still haven’t received anything yet.

Pattie

1. I am in Liberia, I had a family emergency to attend which is the death of my grandmother who raised me. I was focus on getting my citizenship so I didn’t bother with the renewal of my PR card few months to the expiration but before leaving for Liberia 0ct 6,2020 I did applied for urgent processing for the renewal of my PR card and it has been a month already I haven’t received it yet.

2. I still left for Liberia because this woman meant the world to me and it is because of her I am a better person in society therefore, I felt the need to pay my last respect. When I arrived to Liberia I did put in for PRTD to return to Canada after the funeral. I did my application online and send it along with every necessary supporting documents that was required by email ([email protected]) because there’s no VAC in here Liberia and it has been two weeks I haven’t received anything yet so please is there a contact information to reach out? because after sending in my UCI number based on their request, I still haven’t received anything yet.
Hello Ernest, please how long did it take before you got a mail requesting for your UCI? My spouse applied for PRTD 2 weeks ago, and other than the automated response, we haven't heard anything yet.

Pattie

So 2 weeks is pretty standard processing time for a PRTD before the pandemic. I assume processing is much slower now.

In the normal course of things, you would have applied to Accra. So it's possible that's where your application is. You can find the contact information here: https://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ghana/contact-contactez.aspx?lang=eng
Hello Riley, apart from the email application, is there any other way to apply for PRTD? We sent in a paper application in Nigeria which was returned and we were asked to apply online. But seems the only "online" option is by email. I just want to know if there is any other means of applying as we have not gotten any response after 2 weeks of sending the email.

Hello Ernest, please how long did it take before you got a mail requesting for your UCI? My spouse applied for PRTD 2 weeks ago, and other than the automated response, we haven't heard anything yet.
Hey Riley, you have to sent them Email a thousand times for faster processing of your PRTD that’s means they will response faster..sorry for the late reply and hope you get itSoon

Hello Riley, apart from the email application, is there any other way to apply for PRTD? We sent in a paper application in Nigeria which was returned and we were asked to apply online. But seems the only "online" option is by email. I just want to know if there is any other means of applying as we have not gotten any response after 2 weeks of sending the email.
They only accepting online applications and you need to fill up the application with supporting documentation submit via email ..have a great day!

Pattie

Hey Riley, you have to sent them Email a thousand times for faster processing of your PRTD that’s means they will response faster..sorry for the late reply and hope you get itSoon
Hello Ernest, so how long did yours finally take? I am assuming you have gotten it by now. Also, is it just a paper that is given or you had to submit your passport for it to be stamped. Thanks for your response.

Hello Ernest, so how long did yours finally take? I am assuming you have gotten it by now. Also, is it just a paper that is given or you had to submit your passport for it to be stamped. Thanks for your response.
You have to mark your application Urgent with supporting documents proofing why is Urgent and i don’t know which country are you but they will ask you to submit the passport for the stamped, it’s better you submit it in person because they will issue within an hour.. if you already submitted your application by email and once your application is completed they will scheduled a date for submission of your passport.. I suggest you do that in person instead by mailing because the mailing process is slow due to COVID-19.. I got mine the same day by submitting my passport in person and Yes I am now in Canada

Pattie

You have to mark your application Urgent with supporting documents proofing why is Urgent and i don’t know which country are you but they will ask you to submit the passport for the stamped, it’s better you submit it in person because they will issue within an hour.. if you already submitted your application by email and once your application is completed they will scheduled a date for submission of your passport.. I suggest you do that in person instead by mailing because the mailing process is slow due to COVID-19.. I got mine the same day by submitting my passport in person and Yes I am now in Canada
Thank you Ernest. You have been most helpful.

leal

@Ernest C B Jones
Good Morning,

I am in the same situation as you, and please wonder how long it took you to receive your PRTD. From the day you sent the email to the day it was in your hands.

Another question, what document did they send you as a PRTD? since you applied for the email. [email protected]