NOC Choice - Civil Engineer vs QA QC Engineer

Hika

Hello, I have a BE Civil Engineering. I work at a General Contracting/Construction company. First, I was an Estimation Engineer, and now a Civil Quality Control/Assurance.

I’m confused whether my NOC is Civil Engineer 2131 for both positions, or Construction Estimator 2234 for the Estimation Engineer plus Construction Inspector 2264 for the Quality Assurance/Control Engineer. Note that there would be change in skill level from A to B in the different cases.

Please find below my jobs’ description.

QA/QC Engineer:

• Monitor and control the quality and workmanship of construction activities, testing, and inspections according to project’s specs, codes, and drawings
• Responsible for QA/QC documents including certificates, calibration, test results, inspection requests, non-compliance reports and site instruction/observations, materials delivered
• Research, review, and submit materials for approval in compliance with project specifications, and collaborate with the procurement department to maintain quality of materials
• Assist site engineers and managers and collaborate with Consultants and subcontractors to maintain the quality of systems.
• Inspect civil, structural and architectural construction works: formwork, reinforcement, concrete (batching, pouring, curing and testing), concrete architectural finishes, and foundation works
• Propose corrective actions and method statements
• Report to QA/QC Manager and Consultant

Estimation Engineer:

• Study tender documents: drawings, specification, BOQ, quantities take off, scope of work, and contract.
• Prepare technical and commercial submittals
• Send enquiries to subcontractors, negotiate and compare quotations
• Prepare man-hour calculations for various activities
• Participate in pre-tender meetings and site visits, and engage in post tender negotiations
• Prepare technical clarifications to client for discrepancies
• Liaise with operation teams

Thank you. I would appreciate the help.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
So you went from a NOC A to a NOC B job? Do I understand that correctly?

How long have you been in your current job?

Hika

Thnx for the reply. I've been a QA/QC engineer (my current job) since 2.5 years. I didn't

Thnx for the reply. I've been a QA/QC Engineer (my current job) since 2.5 years. What I meant is that if I choose Civil Engineer NOC it would be Class A. If I choose Construction Inspector NOC, which is the closest to my job description given there is no civil QA/QC Engineer NOC, it would be Class B.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Ah okay. I believe you need to choose the the NOC Code that most closely resembles your actual job duties.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
If this is going to severely affect your chances for getting an ITA, you may want to speak to an immigration consultant or lawyer about it to see what you can do.