ITA with CRS 456?

Rellytm

Is it likely the CRS will drop to 456 in 2020/2021?

I have a 456 and I can’t think of any way to raise my score. I’ve tried learning French but I don’t think I can hit the NCLC 7 benchmark (and even if I thought I could, the TEF isn’t being offered as widely due to the pandemic). My understanding is that it’s almost impossible to get a valid job offer as a foreign national and I don’t think my NOC will result in a provincial nomination.

I’m a 28 year old US Citizen with a bachelors degree and 3+ years work experience in my NOC. If you can think of any way for me to raise my score I’d love suggestions.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
There's no real way of knowing what will happen in 2021, especially given there's no vaccine yet. Here's we've charted the historical points cutoffs: https://www.immigroup.com/news/express-entry-points-how-low-will-it-go

The main factor is your competition: how many new candidates with scores over 456 are completing profiles? And there's just no way of predicting that, as far as I'm aware.

As an American your best bet might actually be to get a job with a multinational or American company with offices in both countries and then, after a few years, ask for a transfer to a Canadian office. (If this is at all feasible for your profession.) Otherwise you will need that job offer or provincial nomination.

Sorry for the bad news.