Job Offer??????

Riley Haas

Staff member
You need a job offer from a Canadian employer for most occupations in order to get a work permit or to get permanent residence. Usually, this job offer must be supported by what is called a Labour Market Opinion (LMO), which is the government's permission for that employer to hire a foreign worker. There are some occupations which are exempt for one or both of these requirements, but not many.