Almost there

gregory.clarke

I could use some advice here, as well as some information.

I sponsored my wife back in August of 2015, and after many months of sending documents and a lot of money :mad:, my queen and I are in the final stretches of our sponsorship ;D. She and her daughters have completed their medical examinations, and as of last week Friday, December 9th 2016, the medical examiner mailed all of their results to the CPC in Mississauga, Ontario. I live in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.

I guess my first question/concerns are:

1. I was told by many friends and family, (mainly those who have been recently in the situation lol), that this is one of the if not the last step before my wife and children come to Canada. Please elaborate :D.
2. In order for her to come to Canada, I've been informed that they would all have to submit their passports, so that Immigration Canada can issue their visa for them to come to Canada. (Note: The Permanent Resident fee was paid up front from the get-go, so I believe this will make things go faster as I've been told). Please elaborate :D.
3. This interview I keep hearing about, when does this happen? And is this the interview that happens AFTER she comes to Canada, where both her and myself are questioned by the CBS about the validity and authenticity of our marriage (I'm VERY prepared, got everything but videos for them to prove it otherwise ;) lol )

If someone could help, I'd really appreciate it. I'm in the home stretch, and with the new government that has been fast tracking MANY application, I'm looking forwad to starting a new life with my queen :-* :-* :-*

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
1. I was told by many friends and family, (mainly those who have been recently in the situation lol), that this is one of the if not the last step before my wife and children come to Canada. Please elaborate
Yes, it's one of the final stages. I do not know myself whether or not it's the penultimate. The request for passports will indicate that it's over.

2. In order for her to come to Canada, I've been informed that they would all have to submit their passports, so that Immigration Canada can issue their visa for them to come to Canada. (Note: The Permanent Resident fee was paid up front from the get-go, so I believe this will make things go faster as I've been told). Please elaborate
Having paid the fee ahead of time might speed it up, I don't know. What else do you want to know about this?

This interview I keep hearing about, when does this happen? And is this the interview that happens AFTER she comes to Canada, where both her and myself are questioned by the CBS about the validity and authenticity of our marriage (I'm VERY prepared, got everything but videos for them to prove it otherwise
The interview doesn't always happen, but if it does it will happen in one of a couple ways:
[list type=decimal]
[*]Submit the passports in person
[*]Phone interview with her while you're there in person.
[/list]
Neither of these are guaranteed to happen. And it's not with CBSA but with IRCC. You don't have to talk to CBSA about anything unless you travel, as you are in Canada - CBSA is the Canada Border Services Agency.
It's to check that you're telling the same story. That's all I know about it.

Hope this helps.