Already Civil Marriage - Now Wedding Marriage in Philippines, need help


New Member
I'm a (Filipino born) now Canadian citizen
My Wife (Filipino born) now Permanent Resident
We had a civil marriage in the US then I successfully sponsored her.

We are now planning a Wedding Marriage in the Philippines
Where/who can I contact on what papers we need to provide to be allowed for a Church wedding?

Thanks in advance

Riley Haas

Staff member
I don't know the law in the Philippines, but the law in the US and Canada is that you are now legally married so a church marriage is entirely ceremonial at this point. So you would just need to speak to the church about it. That may not be true in the Philippines, stil, you'd have to assume that the Philippines recognizes a legal marriage in the US as having already taken place. Perhaps talk to the Filipino Embassy or Consulate nearest you.