Application delivered by hand?

Persaad

I wnat to know one more thing abour parents sponsership application, Can applications to sponser parents and grandparents be hand-delivared?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
No, you must submit the application by mail or courier, and courier is your best bet (or registered mail) because you can track your package.

Hi,
I sent my application package a month ago by UPS. I tracked the number, and it was delivered. Not sure if it was signed. Do I still have to wait for a response or better to call them? How long does it usually take to hear from them? Thank you

There is an online tracking tool out there that crowd-sources processing times by step, which would give you a better idea.
Ok, got a letter that my application was received. Not quite sure what does it mean.... Have they started reviewing my application only or confirming that all papers are in order and nothing is missing? Was also trying to link my application to the number online 5 times but failed. Does it mean that they did not officially put my app # on their system yet?
Thank you

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
They are just confirming that they have everything.

Yeah, it means they haven't entered it into the system yet. They are usually very far behind on that.

They are just confirming that they have everything.

Yeah, it means they haven't entered it into the system yet. They are usually very far behind on that.
Still struggling to link my app to the number. Was trying many times but it says they have not found the app with such details. What should I do in this case? ( I managed to see my app via online service). Thank you

Yes, called them today. While waiting for an agent response, you can insert the number of your app and extra info they ask. They announced that my app was delivered at a certain time but still haven't started to proceed. I could not reach an agent at that time thou.
As far as I understand, my app number is not on their system yet.....

Quite confused at this point.
Got a letter ( on my email) about the medical examination that has to be done within 30 days.
Happily went to CIC website and again tried to link my app number to my account and it doesn't work again.....
Online tools show only the date when my app was received.
I sent a request form to CIC about this issue..
Questions:
1. How usually medical examination request has to be sent ( personal email or by CIC website only?
2. Should the confirmation about sponsor eligibility come prior medical examination request or after? ( whats the sequence of the process)

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, I'm sorry I can only guess at the answers to your two questions:
  1. I definitely don't know the answer here, but I believe if you are using the portal to submit your application, you need to use the portal to submit the medical results (unless it otherwise specifies)
  2. I believe the confirmation of sponsor eligibility comes prior to anything to do with the sponsored spouse.
Sorry I cannot be more helpful.

Hi, I'm sorry I can only guess at the answers to your two questions:
  1. I definitely don't know the answer here, but I believe if you are using the portal to submit your application, you need to use the portal to submit the medical results (unless it otherwise specifies)
  2. I believe the confirmation of sponsor eligibility comes prior to anything to do with the sponsored spouse.
Sorry I cannot be more helpful.
Well, that's the problem... I can't link my app to my account, so I am unable to submit my medical results....