Can I sponsorship my husband while he visiting Canada?

Drea

Hi
I’m a Canadian citizenships I plan to
getting marry in October 2019 in Tunisia. After married I plan for my husband to visit me in Canada. I also want to sponsor him also.
So my question is Can I apply for Sponsorship my spouse, while he visits me in Canada?
I know sponsorship application can take a very long time.
If he allowed staying in Canada for his sponsorship application to be approved, can he apply for a work permit?
So where choose I start? Please give me some advice.
I want to plan everything in advance.
What application form needs to be filled?
And document support I need to know.
Thank you .

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Yes you can sponsor him while he's in Canada; it's called "inland sponsorship".

Once the application is submitted he is allowed to stay until they reach a decision. He can apply for a work permit at the same time as you sponsor him.

The first thing you need to do is write him an invitation letter for his visitor visa application.

You can read about what documents you need for sponsorship here.

Drea

Yes you can sponsor him while he's in Canada; it's called "inland sponsorship".

Once the application is submitted he is allowed to stay until they reach a decision. He can apply for a work permit at the same time as you sponsor him.

The first thing you need to do is write him an invitation letter for his visitor visa application.

You can read about what documents you need for sponsorship here.
Thank you so much for your information. I'm very appreciated your quick response :).Now I feel relieved , good to know that option are available . So I can make a plan for the future .