Canada Study Permit with two dependent Children / Spouse on Seperate Study Permit (SDS)

SILVI SETHI

My Husband has applied for his study permit (SDS) application without any accompanying family member.
However recently i have also got offer from his university and now i intend to also apply for my study permit under SDS category. Since we have two dependent minor children, in my application i will mention that they will accompany me to Canada. I have following queries in this regard,

1. As my husband has separate study permit application do i need to also mention that my spouse will accompany me to canada in my study permit application ? We may travel on different dates.
2. For dependents (10 Years and 2 Years) do we need to fill TRV application form (IMM5257e) separately or children would be automatically granted visitor status once i have indicated them as accompanying family members on my study permit application ?
3. Any further suggestion which we should take care as per our situation would be appreciated ?
4. Do i need to mention in my SOP that my husband has separate study permit application UCI or just state that he may be studying in same university so i am taking along my two children ?
5. If our study permits get approved do we need to travel together ?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Let me try to answer your questions:
  1. You can mention that he has applied for a study permit already. I believe your applications will be treated as "non-accompanying spouse" because you are both applying for your own study permits.
  2. You have to apply for TRVs for your children.
  3. You can write a letter of explanation about your situation.
  4. You should indicate he's applied for a study permit already.
  5. No, not at all. You should travel with your children.
Hope this helps.

SILVI SETHI

Let me try to answer your questions:
  1. You can mention that he has applied for a study permit already. I believe your applications will be treated as "non-accompanying spouse" because you are both applying for your own study permits.
  2. You have to apply for TRVs for your children.
  3. You can write a letter of explanation about your situation.
  4. You should indicate he's applied for a study permit already.
  5. No, not at all. You should travel with your children.
Hope this helps.
Yes this helps. Thanks a lot for swift reply.